Learning Egyptian Arabic? Get Our New Easy Stories Book For Learners
UPDATE: The audio for this book is now available.
Send us an email with proof of book purchase and we’ll give you access to the recordings.
Are you learning Egyptian Arabic?
Have you already moved beyond the basics and looking for some fictional reading material in 100% Egyptian dialect?
We’ve just released an excellent new resource for order called Egyptian Arabic: Easy Stories With English Translations.
One of the issues that many Arabic students of spoken dialects face is that most written material is in Modern Standard Arabic or Classical Arabic (formal dialect).
There is very little available for learners who have moved beyond the basics and are looking for literary resources at an appropriate reading level in colloquial, spoken language.
So we’ve carefully crafted a series of 12 short/mini stories that progressively increase in length and difficulty which we’re sure you’ll enjoy and benefit from.
Features of ‘Egyptian Arabic - Easy Stories With English Translations‘:
- 12 mini stories on various focus topics, full of high-frequency vocabulary and expressions pertaining to those topics.
- Stories gradually rise in length and difficulty.
- Comprehension exercises at the end of each story (100% in Egyptian Arabic).
- Key vocabulary lists for each story.
- Full English translations.
- Larger font and moderate use of tashkeel (vowel markings) to improve readability for lower-level learners.
- Dialogues are bolded.
- Note-taking sections.
This book assumes that you:
- Have already moved beyond the absolute basics of Arabic (High-Beginner -> Low-Intermediate).
- Already have foundational vocabulary of the most common words.
- Can already read Arabic script (there is no transliteration in the book).
Who this book is not for:
- Absolute beginners with no previous Arabic knowledge.
- Advanced learners who may find it too easy.
You can head over to Amazon and order it here.
As this is our first edition paperback book of this kind, we’d love your feedback and suggestions. If you have any questions about the book, please shoot us an email here.
We’ll have the audio component of the book available soon too.
IMPORTANT: We’ve had some issues trying to get our publisher to add a ‘Look Inside’ option to Amazon for page previews. In the meantime: